Digital technology serving people and environment
The objective of the Sopra Steria-Institut de France Foundation is to support community projects in the area of digital inclusion, with employee volunteers, in four domains:
Education and training
Development of innovative solutions to make everyday life easier
Support to social entrepreneurs
Preservation of environmental resources
Since its creation in 2001, the Foundation supported over 60 projects from non-profit organisations in various areas: education and training, health and disability, social and professional inclusion, innovation, international solidarity,etc.
Financial support : each project is granted with a budget of minimum €5000. Projects must be presented by French non- profit organisations and showcase the use of digital technology, bringing a direct benefit to final users in the community.
Are excluded projects asking for :
Sponsoring of projects by Sopra Steria employees, on the basis of volunteering. Sponsors can bring guidance and expertise in various fields: project methodology, technical or functional expertise, mentorship,etc. The Foundation is an opportunity for our employees to share their skills for the benefit of disadvantaged people.
A Students Challenge encouraging digital, social and environmental innovation applied to community projects.
Two distinct awards of €10 000 and €5000 each are granted to student winners from engineering, business schools and universities, in order to implement a sustainable project, with the support of Sopra Steria sponsors.
Community holidays for Sopra Steria employees in France. The Foundation organizes specific international assignments called “community holidays” during two weeks in the schools sponsored by the Group in India: participation in the daily activities of the children, language teaching, environment awareness sessions, solar panels equipment, etc.
2001 : creation of the Foundation by managers and employees, under the aegis of the Institut de France
2003 : launch of the Students’ Award and first winners
2005 : first community holidays with employees
2016 : the Foundation becomes Sopra Steria-Institut de France Foundation and extends its activity to a new domain : the preservation of environmental resources.
• Over 70 projects supported with around forty associations
• Over 200 Sopra Steria volunteer project sponsors
• 17 awards won by engineering schools, business schools and universities, with the participation of hundreds of students.
Board of the Sopra Steria-Institut de France Foundation
The Foundation is governed by a Board, composed of:
- Xavier Darcos – Chancellor of the Institut de France, President of the Sopra Steria-Institut de France Foundation
- Yves Rouilly – Honorary President of the Foundation
- Laurent Giovachini – General Manager of the Foundation and Deputy CEO of Sopra Steria
- Jean-Bernard Rampini – Executive Board member of Sopra Steria and President of Soderi
- Serge Abiteboul – Member of the Academy of Sciences
- François Baccelli – Member of the Academy of Sciences
- Sophie Dangu – Legal Director Sopra Steria – Corporate and International
- Fabienne Mathey-Girbig – Director of Corporate Responsibility Sopra Steria
- Yves Quéré – Member of the Academy of Sciences
- Nicolas Seguin – Founding member – retired manager