Our mission: digital technology serving vulnerable people and the environment
The objective of the Sopra Steria-Institut de France Foundation is to support community projects in the area of digital inclusion in France, with employee volunteers, in four domains:
Education and training
Development of innovative solutions to make everyday life easier
Support to social entrepreneurs
Preservation of environmental resources
Since its creation in 2001, the Foundation supported over 90 projects from French non-profit organisations in various areas: education and training, health and disability, social and professional inclusion, innovation, international solidarity,etc.
Financial support : each project is granted with a budget of minimum €5000. Projects must be presented by French non- profit organisations and showcase the use of digital technology, bringing a direct benefit to final users in the community.
Are excluded projects asking for :
Sponsoring of projects by Sopra Steria employees, on the basis of volunteering. Sponsors can bring guidance and expertise in various fields: project methodology, technical or functional expertise, mentorship,etc. The Foundation is an opportunity for our employees to share their skills for the benefit of disadvantaged people.
A Students Challenge encouraging digital, social and environmental innovation applied to community projects.
Two distinct awards of €10 000 and €5000 each are granted to student winners from engineering, business schools and universities, in order to implement a sustainable project, with the support of Sopra Steria sponsors.
Community holidays for Sopra Steria employees in France. The Foundation organizes specific international assignments called “community holidays” during two weeks in the schools sponsored by the Group in India: participation in the daily activities of the children, language teaching, environment awareness sessions, solar panels equipment, etc.
The Foundation is governed by a Board, composed of members from Sopra Steria and from the Institut de France:
- Xavier Darcos, Chairman - Chancellor of the Institut de France
- Yves Rouilly, Honorary Chairman & Founding member - retired Sopra Steria manager
- Laurent Giovachini, General Manager - Deputy CEO of Sopra Steria
- Sophie Dangu, Corporate Governance & Risk Management Director Sopra Steria
- Fabienne Mathey-Girbig, Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability Director Sopra Steria
- Jean-Bernard Rampini, Founding member - Executive Board member of Sopra Steria
- Nicolas Seguin, Founding member – retired Sopra Steria manager
- Serge Abiteboul, Member of the Academy of Sciences (Institut de France)
- François Baccelli, Member of the Academy of Sciences (Institut de France)
- Yves Quéré, Member of the Academy of Sciences (Institut de France)