Our mission: digital technology serving vulnerable people and the environment
The objective of the Sopra Steria-Institut de France Foundation is to support community projects of French charities in the area of digital inclusion, with employee volunteers, in four domains:
- Education and training
- Development of innovative solutions to make everyday life easier
- Support to social entrepreneurs
- Preservation of environmental resources
Since its creation in 2001, the Foundation has supported over 100 projects from non-profit organisations in various areas: education and training, health and disability, social and professional inclusion, innovation, international solidarity,etc.
Financial support: each project is granted with a budget of minimum €5,000. Projects must be presented by French non-profit organisations and showcase the use of digital technology, bringing a direct benefit to final users in the community. Are excluded projects asking for IT functional support of organisations, financial support only or donation of IT equipment only.
Sponsoring of projects by Sopra Steria employees, on the basis of volunteering. Sponsors can bring guidance and expertise in various fields: project methodology, technical or functional expertise, mentorship,etc. The Foundation is an opportunity for our employees to share their skills for the benefit of disadvantaged people.
The "Entrepreneurship for tomorrow" Award: a Students & Young Entrepreneur Challenge encouraging digital, social and environmental innovation applied to community projects. Two distinct Awards are granted to young entrepreneurs & student winners from engineering, business schools and universities in France, in order to implement a sustainable project:
- a financial support ranging from €5,000 to €10,000
- an operational support to challenge and launch the projects, with the help of partners and Sopra Steria volunteers.
The Foundation is governed by a Board, composed of members from Sopra Steria and from Institut de France:
- Xavier Darcos, Chairman - Chancellor of the Institut de France
- Yves Rouilly, Honorary Chairman & Founding member - retired Sopra Steria manager
- Laurent Giovachini, General Manager - Deputy CEO Sopra Steria
- Fabienne Mathey-Girbig, Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability Director Sopra Steria
- Jean-Bernard Rampini, Founding member of the Foundation & Innovation Director Sopra Steria
- Catherine Royer, Human dDevelopment Director Sopra Steria
- Nicolas Seguin, Founding member – retired Sopra Steria manager
- Serge Abiteboul, Member of the Academy of Sciences (Institut de France)
- François Baccelli, Member of the Academy of Sciences (Institut de France)
- Gérard Berry, Member of the Academy of Sciences (Institut de France)
- Yves Quéré, Member of the Academy of Sciences (Institut de France)