We provide financial support: each project is granted with a budget of minimum €5,000. Projects must be presented by French non-profit organisations and showcase the use of digital technology, bringing a direct benefit to final users in the community. Projects asking for IT functional support of organisations, financial support only or donation of IT equipment only are not eligible.
We sponsor projects thanks to Sopra Steria employee volunteers. Volunteers can bring guidance and expertise in various fields: project methodology, technical or functional expertise, mentorship,etc. The Foundation is an opportunity for our employees to share their skills for the benefit of disadvantaged people.
We engage the younger generation via the "Entrepreneurship for tomorrow" Award: a challenge aimed at students and young entrepreneurs encouraging digital, social and environmental innovation applied to community projects. Two awards are granted to young entrepreneurs & student winners from engineering, business schools and universities in France, in order to implement a sustainable project, with a financial support ranging from €5,000 to €10,000 and an operational support to challenge and launch the projects, with the help of partners and Sopra Steria volunteers.
The Foundation is governed by a Board, composed of members from Sopra Steria and from Institut de France:
- Xavier Darcos, Chairman - Chancellor of the Institut de France
- Yves Rouilly, Honorary Chairman & Founding member - retired Sopra Steria manager
- Laurent Giovachini, General Manager - Deputy CEO Sopra Steria
- Fabienne Mathey-Girbig, Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability Director Sopra Steria
- Jean-Bernard Rampini, Founding member of the Foundation & Innovation Director Sopra Steria
- Catherine Royer, Human Development Director Sopra Steria
- Nicolas Seguin, Founding member – retired Sopra Steria manager
- Serge Abiteboul, Member of the Academy of Sciences (Institut de France)
- François Baccelli, Member of the Academy of Sciences (Institut de France)
- Gérard Berry, Member of the Academy of Sciences (Institut de France)
- Yves Quéré, Member of the Academy of Sciences (Institut de France)